Friday, October 28, 2011

The longest minute I ever spent was...

When my son was born. He was born on January 23, 2007. Everything was going fine, the delivery was going as planned and my contractions were perfect. We were both so excited to have this new little guy in our life. I remember the doctor asking me if I wanted to hold him right after he was delivered, but I was so exhausted and sweaty that I said no, I don't want to risk it. I remember looking at my husband and smiling as I reached for his hand. He had this worried look on his face and all of a sudden about 5 nurses come rushing in the door. I was so out of it that I didn't realize something was going on. I started asking everybody what was the matter, what happened, but nobody would answer me. I asked where my baby was and that I wanted to see him. They were all very quite, the room seemed to get small and I got dizzy. I looked across the room and saw about 6 to 8 nurses in a circle working on what I assumed was my baby. I started to cry and scream what is going on, where is my baby! The doctor said the baby is not breathing and he is on an oxygen tank. I started to shake and I couldn't feel anything. Then I look over and see one of the nurses look at me and cry, I thought, oh no, my baby has died. There then is a loud cheer and they said he started breathing and that they needed to take him to the ICU for further care, just for protocol. He was still a little blue but breathing. I could finally breath. I was so scared for those few minutes and they seemed to be the longest in my life, but everything turned out o.k. He is now a healthy 4 year old and loves to run a play. Anybody he comes into contact with just falls in love with him, we are very lucky and blessed to have him in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment